You want an easy lunch that's healthy and filling, right? Look no further than this zesty avocado chickpea salad, bursting with fresh dill, lemon, celery, cucumbers, and carrots. Even though it's served on just half an English muffin, you'll feel satisfied until dinner because it's full of fiber and protein. It throws together in less than 10 minutes, and you can even make a batch ahead of time to have a few days' worth of meals all ready when hunger strikes.
You'll fall hard for those tender smashed chickpeas, the creamy avocado, and those crunchy salted sunflower seeds. Plus this "chicken" salad is mayo-free, so aside from being vegan, it's low in cals and saturated fat. Topped with the subtle sweetness of cherry tomatoes, this is the perfect lunch to whip up when you're short on time but have a hankering for something truly savory and delicious.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup tahini or Goddess Salad Dressing
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon (or 1 lemon if you prefer)
- 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons salted sunflower seeds
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 English muffins
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Add the avocado, tahini, juice from half a lemon, and chickpeas to a bowl. Using a fork or potato masher, smash these ingredients until coarsely mashed.
- Add the cucumber, celery, carrot, dill, and sunflower seeds, and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve 1/4 of the chickpea mixture on top of half a toasted English muffin, top with four slices of cherry tomatoes, and enjoy!
Source: Calorie Count
- Salads, Main Dishes
- 4 servings
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Calories per serving