Your alarm goes off, and you barely have enough time or energy to slip out of your PJs and into a decent outfit, let alone prepare a nutritious (and tasty!) breakfast. Boom! This recipe has your busy morning's back. Make it the night before, and you've got breakfast for the week.
Each chewy, nutty, and subtly sweet bar is 176 calories and offers 8.4 grams of fiber but only has 5.5 grams of sugar. Munch down two bars, and that's a 350-calorie breakfast with almost 17 grams of protein.
And did I mention they taste like cookies? Easy, quick, and yummy. Check out the simple recipe below.
1 cup almond butter
3 ounces vanilla plant-based protein powder (I used Vega)
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-by-11-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, use an electric mixer to mix almond butter, protein powder, and maple syrup. Beat in the eggs.
- Stir in rolled oats, coconut, and baking soda, and mix well.
- Firmly press stiff dough into the pan using the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the top browns slightly.
- Cool pan on a rack, cut into 18 squares, and store leftovers in an airtight container.
Source: Calorie Count
- 18 bars
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Calories per serving