While slices of crunchy apple and fresh strawberries are sweet enough on their own, isn't everything better with chocolate? You can spruce up your basic snack by pairing it with this smooth and mousse-like chocolate dip. Made with almonds, chickpeas, and dates, it offers fiber and protein, but is much lower in sugar than if you noshed on a couple squares of dark chocolate.
Your food processor makes whipping this dip up a breeze, so it's perfect for an after-dinner treat or to make for a small dinner party. The creamy texture and robust flavor of this chocolate hummus will appeal to anyone's taste buds, and you'll wonder if you'll ever be able to eat fruit alone again.
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 5 pitted dates
- 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
- Place the almonds in a food processor and process until you have almond butter, 5 or more minutes.
- Pour in the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately with sliced fruit or pretzels and store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Source: Calorie Count
- Dips, Appetizers
- 8 servings
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Calories per serving