- Start in plank position with your hands under your shoulders and your body in one straight line. You can drop your knees to the floor if this is too difficult to hold.
- If your knees aren't on the floor, separate your feet so they're about shoulder width apart to help you stay balanced throughout the exercise.
- Place your hands together, directly under your sternum, with the tips of your index fingers and thumbs touching. Your fingers and thumbs should form a diamond or triangle shape.
- Bend your elbows out to the sides, and lower your chest toward the floor. Then exhale to straighten your arms. This completes one rep.
- With proper form, perform as many reps as possible for 30 seconds.