Natalie Portman and Benjamin Millepied posed together on their way into the Vanity Fair Oscar party at LA's Sunset Tower on Sunday night. The couple were among the many stars at the exclusive bash, including Miranda Kerr and her husband, Orlando Bloom, as well as Reese Witherspoon. Reese was a presenter at the Academy Awards, but she left the show early to make an entrance at VF's event, while Zooey Deschanel and Amy Poehler got the party started there earlier in the night.
Natalie Portman and her husband, Benjamin Millepied, took their son, Aleph Millepied, for an afternoon out at Huntington Botanical Gardens in Pasadena on Saturday. It's a favorite stop for the Millepied-Portman clan — they've been there many times since relocating to the West Coast last year. Another move is ahead for the family of three. Benjamin will head the Paris Opera Ballet starting next year, and they'll all relocate to his native France for the job. Natalie's no stranger to working in France herself. She's the longtime face of the French brand Dior's makeup line, and she can be seen in their new ad for Diorshow mascara.
- British Vogue editor, Francesca Burns, revealed via Twitter that the magazine will launch a teen edition, Miss Vogue, this May. [Racked]
- Meanwhile, Hearst Magazines International will debut Elle in Australia this October. [Fashionologie Inbox]
- Artist Julie Verhoeven — who has previously collaborated with Mulberry, Louis Vuitton, and Versace — has designed an exclusive print (above) for the Investec Derby to appear on cashmere picnic blankets. [Vogue UK]
- Now's your chance to show off your style chops — Vanity Fair is now accepting pictures of its readers for possible inclusion in its annual International Best Dressed list. [The New York Times]
- David Koma, Holly Fulton, and Michael van der Ham have all received the British Fashion Council's Fashion Forward sponsorship for 2013. [Vogue UK]
- Mark your calendars: the Barneys New York warehouse sale will start on Valentine's Day. It is yet to be confirmed whether or not the sale will also be online. [The Shophound]
- Chiara Ferragni and Susie Lau are just a few of the bloggers who will be revealing Loewe's collection of handbags for Moda Operandi, which is now available online, on their websites. [Moda Operandi]
- Ford Models has shuttered its kids division after restructuring its New York office. [Page Six]
- Morgans Hotel Group will partner with Scoop NYC to style its guests for New York Fashion Week. [She Finds]
- Will Natalie Portman soon be wearing a beret? Her husband, Benjamin Millepied, the former principal at New York City Ballet, has just been named the director of dance at the Paris Opera ballet. [The New York Times]
All the bits fit to print here, in our daily news roundup.
Natalie Portman and Benjamin Millepied treated their son, Aleph, to a sweet treat in Austin, TX, today. Natalie held tight to the 1-year-old, while Benjamin ordered some ice cream, which Aleph seemed to enjoy eating. Natalie and her family are in Texas while she films her current project, an untitled Terrence Malick movie, alongside Rooney Mara and Ryan Gosling. She was seen last week shooting a sexy scene with Michael Fassbender, who is also starring in the film.
While Natalie is juggling multiple movie roles, including a possible stint as Jackie Kennedy, Benjamin has been busy as well. The choreographer recently made a video for the LA band IO Echo, and spoke to The Independent about his and Natalie's initial plan to have "back-to-back" children, and their impending move to London later this year.
Natalie Portman and Benjamin Millepied took Aleph for an evening walk in Austin, TX, yesterday. The family of three stopped on the Congress Avenue Bridge, which houses one of the world's largest urban bat colonies. Thousands of bats fly out from under the bridge and across Lady Bird Lake at dusk, and Benjamin captured the show on his camera. Natalie is in Texas with her boys to film an untitled Terrence Malick movie. Her costars Ryan Gosling and Rooney Mara have already been in front of the cameras. Ryan took a break from work over the weekend, though, to spend time with his mom.
All eyes were on Natalie Portman and her platinum locks at Saturday night's Van Cleef & Arpels Dinner for LA Dance Project in LA. She stepped out in a floor-length, white Dior gown, and once inside, posed for photos with another famous face, Robert Pattinson. Natalie dined with husband Benjamin Millepied while Rob was reportedly in high spirits, enjoying the company of close friends. Kristen Stewart was noticeably absent; however, sources close to the couple say they're reportedly back together.
Natalie Portman wore a bikini while in Turks and Caicos with her husband, Benjamin Millepied, and their son Aleph last week. The family vacation came just a month after Natalie and Benjamin tied the knot in Big Sur. The trio hit the beach, played on the sand, and even rode on a sailboat during their sunny afternoon. Natalie wore a black bikini while Benjamin went shirtless. They've been making the West Coast their home base lately, though Natalie got away to Nevada for a special event supporting President Obama's reelection campaign in August. Natalie spoke about women's issues, but she wasn't able to show her support at the Democratic National Convention due to her tropical getaway.
Natalie Portman married Benjamin Millepied over the weekend in Big Sur, CA. The couple, who met back in 2009 on the set of Black Swan, gathered their loved ones at the coastal town for an intimate outdoor celebration. Along with their families, friends like Ivanka Trump, her husband Jared Kushner, and Macaulay Culkin gathered to see Natalie and Benjamin exchange vows in a Jewish ceremony. Natalie and Benjamin's 14-month-old son, Aleph Millepied, was also present for the nuptials, and he was able to stay up late enough to see some of the dancing during the reception. Natalie's dress was reportedly designed by her friends Laura and Kate Mulleavy from the label Rodarte.
Natalie Portman is officially married! News of her and Benjamin Millepied's nuptials came out back in February, after they debuted wedding bands at the Oscars that month, and now it looks as if they've continued the celebration. Natalie and Benjamin reportedly had a wedding ceremony in Big Sur, CA, yesterday.
The duo met back in 2009 when they worked on Black Swan. The role changed Natalie's life in another way, as well, since she ended up taking home the best actress Academy Award for her role. In late 2010, Natalie and Benjamin announced that they were engaged and expecting! Their son, Aleph Millepied, arrived in June.
To celebrate their happy news, take a look at the couple's sweetest moments.
Natalie Portman touched down at JFK last night accompanied by her husband, Benjamin Millepied, son Aleph, and their pup, Whiz. The family of four have been on the go in recent weeks with trips to Paris and LA. Natalie shot a new Miss Dior fragrance campaign in France and traveled to the West Coast to shoot her latest feature, Knight of Cups. She's in high demand this Summer and is also set to start filming Thor 2 with Chris Hemsworth soon.
Natalie's not the only one who's been busy with work commitments. Benjamin recently put on a performance piece at LA's MOCA. Benjamin, and dance partner Amanda Wells, performed a 25-minute choreographed routine titled Framework in front of the museum's current Warhol exhibit.