Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- Franca Sozzani has been named the goodwill ambassador for Fashion 4 Development, a program that works with the United Nations to encourage leaders in the industry to work on sustainable development initiatives. [WWD]
- Newly appointed Vogue Australia editor Edwina McCann says there's a lot to live up to in her new position. "I've had to go and completely re-buy my dog walking gear, which is ridiculous," she says. "I've never felt that pressure before." [Catwalk Queen]
- Lana Del Rey is rumored to be the new face of H&M. News reports on Friday said the singer was shooting a campaign for the brand in New York, but reps for both parties kept mum. [Styleite]
- Talk about fast fashion: the time it takes Zara to create new product is "as short as two weeks from an idea in a designer's head to a garment on a Zara store's shelf." [Slate]
- On the flipside, Mary Katrantzou says she isn't able to do Resort collections because her intricate prints take too long to produce. "We worked out that it takes on average four days to create a print, and we create about 40 prints a collection, so we need 160 days — that's eight months for one person, four months for two people," she said. [Vogue UK]
- Prada partnered with artist Vahram Muratyan on a line of t-shirts (above) based on the Parallel Universes GIFs he created to commemorate the brand's Fall 2012 campaign. [High Snobiety]
- M Missoni launched a Facebook page this week. [M Missoni Facebook]
All right here, in our daily news roundup.
Lindsey Wixson — who recently celebrated her 18th birthday — wears Gucci on the cover of Numéro's June/July 2012 issue. [Design Scene]
Mulberry's Del Rey bag hits the brand's SoHo store in New York today. In honor of the launch, the label will offer manicures inspired by the bag's namesake, Lana Del Rey, from 5:30 until 8 p.m. tonight. [Fashion Etc.]
Giorgio Armani will host a series of fashion-related Q&A sessions on Twitter. Dubbed #ArmaniTweetTalks, the discussions will feature notable guests such as Yoox founder Federico Marchetti, Susanna Lau, and Tommy Ton. The series starts June 1 with Vogue China editor in chief Angelica Cheung as the special guest. [Armani]
Taylor Tomasi Hill and Creatures of the Wind designers Shane Gabier and Chris Peters are among those who sing the praises of — and show off their favorite — Comme des Garcons pieces ahead of Rei Kawakubo's upcoming CFDA honor. [Style]
Speaking of the CFDAs: Jessica Paré, Lily Collins, and Jessica Chastain will present awards at the ceremony next week. Chastain will present the award for womenswear, while Paré will present the accessories awards. Collins will present all the Swarovski Awards for Emerging Talent. [The Cut]
Richard Nicoll's new bridal line for Topshop, titled "Tie The Knot!", has been revealed. "I liked the idea of making a modern affordable alternative to meringue culture," the designer said of the seven-piece range. [Fashionista]
H&M released its Fall 2012 lookbook earlier this month, and now there's a video version. Watch it below. [Fashionologie Inbox]