>> After frontrunners Sarah Rutson and Virginia Smith both turned down the recently opened up fashion director role at Barneys (longtime fashion director Julie Gilhart was let go last month), new Barneys CEO Mark Lee is now said to be zeroing in on Marie Claire style and accessories director Taylor Tomasi Hill, who, coincidentally, has often named Rutson as an inspiration. Tomasi Hill joined Marie Claire in August 2009 from Teen Vogue, where she was accessories director. [WWD]
Emma Watson covers the December issue of Marie Claire and looks back on one of her not-so-chic red carpet outfits when she first stepped on the scene. Check it out on PopSugar Rush!
Emma Watson covers the December issue of Marie Claire and looks back on one of her not-so-chic red carpet outfits when she first stepped on the scene. Also, be sure to follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for all the latest celebrity gossip!
Emma Watson, looking gorgeous with her dramatic pixie cut, graces the December covers of both Marie Claire and UK Vogue. The first half of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the final installment in the series, hits theaters later this month, and Hermione Granger is ready to show the world how much she's grown up. In MC, Emma says the haircut was meaningful and symbolic to her, since she was restricted from doing so while filming the series, and also spoke about her time at Brown University. Her costar Daniel Radcliffe is currently working on a post-Potter movie while much has been made about the roles Emma will select to follow up her blockbuster beginnings. First, she'll reunite with her fellow Hogwarts students to hit red carpets around the world. Here are highlights from her interview:
- On college: "The first year at Brown was about finding my feet. I found a great group of girlfriends, and now that I know how things work and what the professors expect, I'm really excited about going back for my second year, because I feel this time I can relax and enjoy it. Brown has a real sense of community, and people are very protective of me. They really look out for me; they want me to feel like I'm part of it. I threw my 20th birthday party at Brown, and I didn't even have to say to anyone not to put pictures on Facebook. Not a single picture went up. That was when I knew I'd found a solid group of friends, and I felt like I belonged."
- On the end of Harry Potter: "My last day was pretty emotional. It was sad; it's the end of an era. What an amazing learning experience! I gave everything I could to that role, and I got so much from it."
- Emma on her radical haircut: "I've wanted to do it since I was about 16, and when Harry Potter ended in June, I just needed a change . . . It was quite symbolic for me. It's very short; it was buzzed at the back and on the sides. And it's really liberating that I can walk out without thinking about it."
- On growing up: "I do things in my own way, but I've never felt any need to rebel. To be honest, I've always had far too much freedom. I had a job when I was 10. I started living on my own when I was 17 or 18. I've earned my own money; I've traveled the world. What would I rebel against? I've had so much freedom, sometimes it was hard. My parents wanted to protect me, but they had no idea how to. I had to learn as I went and make my own mistakes. I went from being totally unknown and never acting professionally to being in a major movie and being very famous. It all happened so quickly, I didn't have any time to work things out. It's been pretty scary at times."
While David Beckham relaxes before a game in Philadelphia, cover girl Victoria Beckham tells Marie Claire about his hot naked body!
Victoria Beckham posed for the November cover of Marie Claire, which is on newsstands Oct. 12, and inside she provided some characteristically funny quotes about her home life with her gorgeous husband, David. She's currently off in London taking care of her business with Range Rover, meaning she wasn't there to witness David's big goal on Sunday. Even so, Posh is still David's number one fan, and she opened up to writer Kevin Sessums about admiring David's fine, nude form and how they're still soul mates, and she even admitted to feeling like a gay man trapped in a woman's body. She said:
- On performing "Mein Herr" from Cabaret as her Spice Girls audition piece: "Entirely true. But does that surprise you? If nothing else, that alone proves I'm a gay man in a woman's body."
- On her and David being close: "We are still so close, David and I. We were at a party the other day at my mum's house and I was sitting on his lap. We're very affectionate. And I looked at him and thought after being married for 11 years! We were the only couple who were even near each other at that party. We're soul mates."
- On appreciating her extraordinary life: "Some people are so blasé about having an extraordinary life. But David and I never take anything for granted. I think it's very cool to still get excited about things. I get as excited now as I ever did when I get a chauffeur driven car pick me up and I stay in a fantastic hotel or get to fly in a private plane. I never want to get blasé."
- On not minding David's voice: "I don't really notice that he's got a high-pitched voice. I just think he's so goddamn perfect that people have to find something wrong with him. We were about to go out somewhere the other day, and he was sending an email. He was sitting at the end of the bed, and he had no clothes on whatsoever. I was getting out of the shower, and I just stood there looking at him. He was all tan. Has all those tattoos — which I love. Hadn't done his hair. He just naturally looks good all the time. He never looks like shit in the morning. Never. So he's sitting there sending his emails, all ripped. Not an ounce of fat on him. And I thought, You done good, girl. I sure wasn't thinking of his high-pitched voice."
To read what Posh says about parenting, David's potential as a future photographer, and her secret to looking good, just read more
Gisele Bundchen dons a mask in Paris after stripping down to her lingerie, Lea Michele reveals that Glee helps her see her own true beauty, and Bradley Cooper gushes over girlfriend Renee Zellweger. Also, be sure to follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for all the latest celebrity gossip!
- Lea Michele models for Marie Claire — People
- Slideshow: the week in street style — The Cut
- Chanel's new muse — Vogue UK
- The black lace trend: part deux — The Budget Fashionista
- Blake Lively in Elie Saab — Red Carpet Fashion Awards
- Beauty moment: Britt Maren's model makeover — Vogue Daily
- Jennifer Hudson has never looked better — Refinery29
- Lady Gaga wears a hair dress — Stylelist
- Sheer gowns and masks aplenty at Vogue Paris's 90th anniversary ball — Fashionologie
- Kate Spade has a novel idea for clutches — Purse Blog