Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- Vogue announced that it plans to open an edition in Thailand, confirming rumors that first surfaced in April. Former Elle Thailand editor in chief Kullawit Laosuksri will lead the magazine, making him the only male editor in chief of one of Vogue's 21 international editions. [Vogue UK]
- Was that Karl Lagerfeld taking a trip on a fishing trawler in the Baltic Sea? No — it was comedian Jörg Knör, dressed up in the Chanel couturier's white wig and sunglasses while filming a skit for German TV. [The Cut]
- Karlie Kloss was lucky enough to wear a Dior gown to her prom. "It was so much fun," she said. "My prom date was hysterical. He was about eleven inches shorter than me. Maybe a solid foot. I bought him a tie to match. We were a very cute couple." [Fashionista]
- Annabelle Dexter Jones follows her godmother's beauty advice — "She always told me, 'You must moisturize every day.'" — with lotions from Santa Maria Novella and Kiehl's. [Into The Gloss]
- Joseph Altuzarra's mother, Karen, said not knowing anything about the fashion industry actually helped her become a better CEO for her son's business. "It meant we had some control over our own growth," she said. [Material World]