Ed Westwick and Matt Lanter are famous fans of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, Zac Efron got permission from his girlfriend to see strippers, and President Obama gets quizzed on Lindsay Lohan and Jersey Shore. Also, be sure to follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for all the latest celebrity gossip!
I'd bet most fans of Jersey Shore aren't taking it too seriously, but Cathy Horn, who interviewed Snooki, her father, and a pop culture expert for yesterday's New York Times Snooki profile, has a serious problem with at least one of the stars. The piece, which opens with the line: "Flake, cow, loser, slut, idiot, airhead, trash, penguin, creep, moron, midget, freak, Oompa-Loompa, nobody," is filled with contempt for the tanned 22-year-old.
Her physical appearance is ridiculed: "She is busty and short-waisted with small legs; sort of like a turnip turned on its tip," as is her intellect: "Trying to hold a conversation with Snooki is a little like getting down on your hands and knees with a child." But even the nicer points are thinly veiled, and rather harsh, backhanded compliments. Check out five fake compliments that stood out to me:
- She's like Elizabeth Taylor: "The reason she makes me think of Elizabeth Taylor — quite apart from the unbridgeable divide of talent and beauty — is that photographs of Ms. Taylor in the 1960s, many of which recently ran in Vanity Fair, confirm a short, busty woman with high hair, big jewelry, garish taste in clothes and a complete indifference to the cyclonic effect that all that produced."
- She's delicious . . . artlessness: "As much as Professor Thompson is a fan of the show, 'I certainly wouldn't want to be stuck in an elevator with her.' . . . He thinks she has a 'delicious artlessness.'"
Get the rest after the jump.
I know, I know. It's Jersey Shore and Snooki, but when it comes to the overhyped, overtanned cast, I can't help myself — I have a soft spot for the girl! Unfortunately, our girl suffered a big tech mishap. Yesterday, the reality star accidentally tweeted her BlackBerry Messenger PIN to all 300,000+ of her Twitter followers.
If you're not familiar, the BBM PIN allows any user with a BlackBerry to contact a user in a fashion similar to text messaging, without the data fees. Since it makes you so reachable, sharing your PIN is essentially the same thing as giving out your phone number. Apparently, Snooki got so many messages she had to ditch her BlackBerry in favor of a new phone, and since your BBM PIN is unique to your hardware, it's unchangeable. While giving out similar information may not be such a huge deal for someone who isn't in the public eye, don't forget the lesson here: be careful what you tweet!
Hollywood's loveliest ladies are always changing up their colors, cuts, and overall looks. No surprise there, but this week, a whole slew of famous faces decided to try something new. Take a look at them and decide for yourself which looks rock, and which, well, don't. See pictures and vote now!
I thought Snooki's jab at Obama's tanning tax was a scripted attempt to plug her other employer, spray-on tanner SunLook, on Jersey Shore. But she comes across a lot more improvised and genuinely pro McCain in this Daily Beast interview with Meghan McCain.
- On fame: "The best part is just the opportunities that we’re given. Like, we go to LA, we meet so many celebrities. Celebrities know who we are. Celebrities are fans of us. They actually get more star-struck to meet us than we are of them. So that’s insane. And just like the traveling the world, I never would have thought I would ever travel the world like I am now."
- On speaking at James Madison University: "It was the most amazing time I’ve ever had. I can interact with my fans, they ask me questions, I answer their questions and we pretty much just have that bond. And I’d rather, to be honest with you, be doing that, talking to colleges, than going to these clubs for two hours."
- On politics: "I’m not really a Republican or a Democrat. I actually signed up as an independent, just because I don’t want to pick any side and also I don’t really know a lot about politics. I only know politics about, like, you know, tanning and being a Guidette."
Ah, yes, the politics of being a capital-G Guidette. Heavy stuff!
You can now follow us on Twitter @PopSugar for all the latest news, photos, and red carpet coverage! In this week's photo roundup, stars enjoyed birthday parties, vacations, charity events, and more — Drake stopped by to rap with Jimmy Kimmel, and Rachel Zoe got down with her new four-legged friend. Kelly and Sharon Osbourne joined Elton John for his annual charity event, while Peter Facinelli and Jennie Garth threw a themed party. Click through to see all the candid shots!
The second season of Jersey Shore debuts July 29, and with the premiere right around the corner, yesterday Rolling Stone sent photographer Terry Richardson to capture the cast in their element — shirtless and in bikinis of course! Following a glamorous appearance at the MTV Movie Awards, J Woww and Snooki turned heads in their micro minidresses at the Grown Ups premiere in NYC this week. The gang also reunited to make a funny Twilight spoof for the Jimmy Kimmel Live special with the Eclipse cast. With so much attention being paid to their wild partying and famous bodies, tell us — are you still into the Jersey Shore madness?
Adam Sandler got his Grown Ups costars together in NYC last night for their premiere. David Spade, Kevin James, and Chris Rock stuck by Adam on the red carpet, and Chris later remarked, "We're like the ladies from Sex and the City!" The event also brought out a slew of reality stars, from Real Housewives to J Woww and Snooki from the Jersey Shore. J Woww is excited for the upcoming release of Eclipse — she told us that she's actually Team Edward, because she's "always liked vampires." The girls also teamed up with their male counterparts to film a Twilight spoof for Jimmy Kimmel. Salma Hayek, though, stole the show in her little white dress after breaking out black and purple for press appearances earlier in the week. David shared a sweet story about his meeting Salma's daughter Valentina — check out our exclusive video from the scene!
To see more photos of Salma and Adam from the premiere, just read more
The MuchMusic Awards went down in Toronto last night, and many of Hollywood's hottest young stars made the trek northward to hit the red carpet. Kellan Lutz broke from promoting Calvin Klein underwear to join his Eclipse costars Ashley Greene and Xavier Samuel. Ashley was casual when she took off from LAX on Thursday, but she was all decked out in sparkles to pose with her boys. Katy Perry showed some skin in a revealing dress, while her fiancé Russell Brand was across the ocean in England with Jonah Hill promoting Get Him to the Greek. Justin Bieber mingled with his friend Drake, and Nina Dobrev was the sole actor on hand from The Vampire Diaries.
Miley Cyrus was the show's host, and she even took the stage in her latest minuscule costume to sing "Can't Be Tamed" — what do you think of her look? Justin Bieber was a big winner at the ceremony in his home country, and he won three statues. Katy Perry was back in her candy ensemble to sing "California Gurls," and Kellan Lutz spent some quality time chilling backstage. Even the Jersey Shore crew was represented by Snooki and Pauly D — check out all the winners from Canada's big night!
To see more from the event, just read more