As part of the It Starts With Breakfast campaign, Fuel Up to Play 60 and the National Dairy Council created these berry-filled bars for breakfast on the go. Try swapping out blueberries for whatever fruit is in season.
Nonstick cooking spray
2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1 quart plus 3/4 cup fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
Flour, as needed
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 9x9x2-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, 3/4 cup yogurt, and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Press oat mixture into bottom of the pan.
- Lightly spray top of oats with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned; remove from oven, and cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg and cornstarch.
- Add 1 quart yogurt and 1/2 cup sugar; stir until blended.
- If using frozen blueberries, toss 1 3/4 cup in flour until lightly coated; discard excess flour. If using fresh blueberries, skip this step.
- Gently fold blueberries into the batter; put evenly over crust.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Cut into 8 pieces.
- Garnish each piece with 1/4 cup blueberries.
- 12 bars
- Cook Time
- 5 hours, 30 minutes
- Calories per serving