- On her plans for the future: "I’d love to do a comedy. I’d love to play somebody who is much more terrestrial and low-key and of this planet that most of us know and love. I would like to maybe not save the world for a second."
- Her red carpet policy: "It's either eyes or lips. It's like legs or boobs: You shouldn’t do both. That’s always the first question when you sit down to get ready for the night."
- On her high school style: "I wore a lot of overalls as a teenager. I still love an overall."
- On a beauty practice she won't let her husband see: "I’m afraid my husband has seen it all. We just pretend we haven’t."
- On working with Jared Leto: "That was when he was genius, when I really understood that. He was very fraternal with me . . . quite protective. He took me to my first club in LA, and I was totally overwhelmed, drinking my sparkling water. It was cute."