Skip Nav
Photo 2 of 6


Gather Your Tax Forms

The first step to filing your taxes is to make sure you have the correct documents. Depending on your particular situation, you will receive several types of tax forms, including:

  • salary and wages (W-2)
  • bank interest (1099-INT)
  • dividend income (1099-DIV)
  • mortgage interest (1098)
  • tuition payments (1098-T)
  • student loan interest payments (1098-E)
  • receipts or other records that support any itemized deductions.

Image Source: Thinkstock