Torched by OraCorp's Professional Grade Hair Dryer on Amazon
Talk about a bad hair day! My new hair dryer (more like hair fryer) from OraCorp on Amazon.com became a blow torch on its first use this morning. A small burn on my hand and an enormous smell to my master bath - the company has yet to respond to my complaint.Posted by Erika Leigh Cox on Monday, January 29, 2018
Hi, hello, good morning: your hair dryer could shoot out balls of fire. Or at least that's what one Amazon shopper recently discovered upon purchasing a tool from the online retailer. According to a video taken by Erika Augthun Shoolbred, along with de-damping your strands, the OraCorp Professional Grade Hair Dryer conveniently doubles as a flame thrower.
"Talk about a bad hair day!" Shoolbred captioned the video, which shows the OraCorp casually spitting out an inferno. "My new hair dryer (more like hair frier) . . . became a blow torch on its first use this morning." Luckily, Shoolbred escaped the blaze with only a "small burn" on her hand and an "enormous smell to [her] master bath." Close call!
Shoolbred's post was quickly flooded with concerned inquiries from friends. "Wow — I'm so glad you are okay!" one wrote. "That could have been a disaster." According to Newsweek, Amazon has pulled the dryer in question from its site. Shoolbred also wrote that the site gave her a full refund for the faulty tool.
There are still a wide range of other OraCorp products for sale on Amazon, such as a heat pad, maternity belt, and wrist massage bed.
Watch the horrifying video above — but be warned, it's nightmare fuel.