Everyone wants a naturally fresh look, which is why we partnered with The Radiant Collection by Always & Tampax to share the secrets to being radiant.
We all wish there was a miracle switch that would instantly boost our inner glow, but somedays all we see is a sheen of dullness. Having an amazing attitude can instantly up your brightness factor, but being truly radiant starts on the inside. Honestly, there isn't one singular secret for beaming luminescence, but you can make a few changes, both mentally and physically, to help you achieve glowing happiness. And we know you're going to love some of these suggestions.
- Eat lots of good stuff: The healthier you eat, the happier your body, resulting in skin that looks amazing. And the darker-colored the fruits and vegetables, the better. We're talking fresh salmon, strawberries, blueberries, and kale — get eating!
- Sleep more: Your body deserves a bit of downtime after all you put it through, giving your skin time to rejuvenate and your body the ability to refresh. And you should be averaging between seven and nine hours of sleep per night. Stop skimping on hitting the sheets, and start going to bed early. You'll have a whole new outlook on life when you wake up ready to take on the day.
- Embrace yourself: As the lovely Coco Chanel said, "Nature gives you the face you have at 20; it is up to you to merit the face you have at 50." Your body changes every day — and instead of focusing on baby wrinkles, embrace and accept yourself for being awesome just the way you are.
- Sweat: Making time for working out does more than keep you toned. Sweating releases toxins from your system, helping to cleanse your body. And you have no excuse. Here are some 10-minute workouts you can do during your lunch hour. And make sure to hydrate during the day — water is your skin's best friend.
- Be kind to others: Ever notice that when you smile at people, they smile back? It's an instant boost of positivity — and everyone glows when smiling. Take a moment to look up, enjoy the wonders of nature around you, and smile at others. It's a nice feeling.
- Change your focus: So you have a zit — it's really not a big deal in the big scheme of things. As Ann Landers once said, "At age 20, we worry about what others think of us. At age 40, we don't care what they think of us. At age 60, we discover they haven't been thinking of us at all." Surround yourself with loved ones, and you'll ooze radiance.
- Learn your skin type: You might think by now you understand your skin type, but it may have changed over the years. And stop going through sample packs of face creams and lotions, which can cause breakouts and dry, patchy skin.
- Stick with your beauty routine: You've heard it before, but if you aren't sticking with a regular skin care routine, your laziness is the cause of dullness. Find a routine that works for you both morning and night, and dedicate yourself to sticking with it.
- Love yourself: Zoe Kravitz said it best: "Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that's when you're most beautiful."