The Breakdown: DIY Ariana Grande's Ponytail at Home
- Start by spraying Herbal Essences Tea-Lightfully Clean Blow Dry Prep Mist ($4) on damp hair for lightweight conditioning and heat protection.
- Blow-dry with a nylon-bristled brush to smooth out the texture.
- Flip head over, and with a boar-bristled brush, brush all hair toward the highest point of the head — spray the Herbal Essences Naked Flexible Hold Spritzer ($7) to get rid of flyaways.
- Once hair is smoothed into a ponytail, secure with a strong hair tie.
- Take random-sized pieces from the ponytail, and wrap them around a two-inch curling iron to give the ponytail amazing texture.
- Take a small section of hair from underneath the ponytail, and wrap it around the hair tie, securing with a bobby pin at the base of the ponytail.
- Finish by spraying Herbal Essences Set Me Up Max Hold Hairspray ($6) around the perimeter of the head for a smooth finish.