Jenna Dewan and Channing Tatum have separated after nearly nine years of marriage. The pair announced their split in a statement via Instagram on April 2, saying that they "have lovingly chosen to separate as a couple," but that "nothing has changed about how much we love one another." Channing and Jenna are parents to a 4-year-old daughter named Everly and stressed that they are "still a family" and will "always be loving dedicated parents." The reason for their split still remains unclear, but here's everything that's unfolded since then.
- Jenna and Channing announce their separation. On April 2, both Jenna and Channing shared joint statements on their Instagram accounts, announcing their split. According to People, the pair had already been separated for months and Channing moved out of their LA home. "This has been a long time coming," a source told the publication. "Like any marriage, they've had their ups and downs over the years, but they really started to grow apart within the last year." In fact, Jenna even seemed to hint at their split over the past few months on Instagram, posting cryptic quotes about how the "truth will conquer all" and "the strong always persevere."
- More details emerge. According to ET, Jenna and Channing's split had actually "been brewing for a while." "They have been fighting the last couple of years, quite a bit," a source told the publication. "There is a sense of relief on both of their parts. They have tried working on things and had therapy, but nothing changed." The insider also suggested that Channing's constant flirting may have been one of the reasons for their split. "He flirts with everyone when he is in public," the source said. "She gets embarrassed and gets upset. Their friends noticed it. There's no fixing him." Another source added that whenever she would see the couple together, Jenna "always seemed very on guard and possessive."
- Jenna is spotted out for the first time. A day after their split announcement, Jenna was spotted leaving SoulCycle in LA. The actress kept a low profile in all black and kept her ring finger hidden as she carried a water bottle and keys.
- Channing and Jenna are still living together. Despite previous reports, multiple sources confirmed to Us Weekly that Jenna and Channing are still living together. "They haven't been together for a while," a source explained. "They are best friends and still support each other and go to each other's events and live in the same house." Another insider revealed that their split was amicable and just "turned more into a friendship." "There wasn't any crazy drama or fighting," the source added. "They were constantly traveling for work and it turned out they were better apart and not together romantically anymore."
- Jenna speaks out. Following rumors that Channing's "excessive drinking" led to their breakup, Jenna shut down the reports by issuing a statement through her rep to Us Weekly. "Happy to clarify that absolutely none of these rumors are true," the statement read. "The situation is as positive as it can be. Nothing negative is going on here. They're both incredibly mature about this. There's nothing more really to say."