Kate Hudson Reveals Why She Refuses to Talk About Her Love Life
Kate Hudson stuns on the October cover of Marie Claire, but it's her honest and candid interview inside the magazine's pages that will really catch your attention. As she preps for the release of her upcoming film, Deepwater Horizon, the actress opens up about everything from her much talked-about love life to her kids to being on her own. Not only does she gush about her big family, but she also talks about the struggles of being a single mom to her two sons, Ryder, 12, and Bingham, 5. See her best quotes below!
- On closing the door on relationships: "I think forgiveness is the biggest part of it . . . I think everybody wants to point fingers. If you are a person who takes responsibility for yourself and your part in it, you have a much better chance of maintaining a nice relationship. It also means that you grow up. A lot of people don't want to grow up because it sucks."
- On balancing work and motherhood: "I don't try to sugarcoat things. I'll say, 'I'm doing the best I can.' I like cooking, I like presenting. I like it to be an experience and [my kids] help me with it, but if they want something after that, I'll be like, 'Look, I'm placing a meal out for you like a king. I can't do everything. I'm going to have to be the OK mom.'"
- On the backlash against being a lifestyle entrepreneur: "If you don't want to get criticized, do nothing. I would love to be able to pass on to the next generation the need to stop judging everybody so much. You don't have to like it. You don't have to buy it."
- On keeping her love life private: "The reason I don't talk about anything like that is because I have kids. People ask that question as if, 'Oh yeah, it's really healthy to publicly talk about who I am or am not dating when I've got a tween.' [Ryder] can read, and he can hear. I'm not going to indulge in that kind of thing until there's someone in my life who I am introducing to my kids."
- On what her mother, Goldie Hawn, taught her about wellness: "It was always part of our life. My mom's passion is about finding joy. Even in difficult moments, she has this joy of life. And I feel the same way."
- On why she supports Hillary Clinton: "There's so much focus on her likability. I want to elect a president to get the job done. When she took the stage, I got incredibly emotional. As a woman, and as a working mom trying to get things done, you find yourself meeting adversity a lot, but you never talk about it because you don't want to bring attention to it. You don't want to go there."