Matt Damon's Celebrity Friends Make Fun of Him in the New Issue of GQ
Matt Damon has a new feature in the August issue of GQ Magazine, but this isn't your average celebrity interview. Instead of asking Matt — who's doing press for the new Jason Bourne movie — to share his thoughts on a bunch of questions, the publication reached out for comments from Matt's nearest and dearest Hollywood friends. The result is scores of hilarious tidbits from Scarlett Johansson, Ben Affleck, George Clooney, and more.
- Tina Fey, on his friendship with Ben Affleck: "People would be like, '[Matt and Ben Affleck] are so cute!' And I'd be like, 'They're J.Crew sweaters. When you see all the colors next to each other, they look cute, but when you get one home, you're like, "Damn, I just got an orange sweater."' But now that is withdrawn. In person, Matt holds up."
- Matt, on Tina's quote: "Ben is the orange sweater."
- Scarlett Johansson, on his beauty: "The most amazing gift about Matt's physical appearance is that he can walk into the hair-and-makeup trailer looking like someone who slept directly on his face for seven hours and emerge a bona fide movie star. He has a great makeup artist."
- Ben Affleck, on Matt's success: "The quality that has allowed Matt to maintain the illusion that he is Mr. Nice Guy is that he found a young TV actor who was just a pretty face and made friends with him so he would always look good by comparison . . . Matt is very media-savvy and manipulative in that way. He's like a mix of [O.J. Simpson defense-team members] Bob Shapiro and Alan Dershowitz."
- Julia Stiles, on the time they met Prince: "After The Bourne Ultimatum came out, there was a premiere in London. Prince actually came to it, then got tickets for the cast to come see him [perform]. We were summoned into a room, to meet him [after the show]. Matt said, 'So you live in Minnesota? I hear you live in Minnesota.'"
- Matt, on Julia's quote: "Prince said, 'I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon.'"
- Jimmy Kimmel, on Matt's teeth: "I mean, they can't be real, right? They're so perfect. They're obviously something that some Hollywood witch doctor put into his head somewhere along the line, possibly on one of his jaunts to China where he disappears for six months and suddenly has a whole new look. One day he's Jason Bourne. The next day he's Liberace's fiancé."
- George Clooney, on Matt's hot body: "He looks swell in a Speedo."