8 Fun Facts About Nick and Vanessa Lachey's Top-Secret Wedding
Nick and Vanessa Lachey have been married for six years now, and the couple are the proud parents of three kids, daughter Brooklyn and sons Camden and Phoenix. But do you remember their 2011 wedding? The pair got engaged in November 2010, and while most of the details were kept under wraps, fans later got a peek at the romantic nuptials when they aired on TLC. In case you didn't watch, here are a few fun facts about their big day.
- They tied the knot on an island. Not only that, but it was Richard Branson's private island in the British Virgin Islands.
- Their wedding was a surprise to their guests. "Our wedding invitations were in the form of a plane ticket," Nick told E! News. "We told them they were going away and the attire was 'island chic.' It was all very vague."
- Vanessa stuck to tradition. Vanessa stunned in a gorgeous Monique Lhuillier ensemble with an embellished lace corset and a tufted skirt, and her something old was a pair of diamond earrings Nick gave her during their first year of dating. "I wanted to be in that long traditional wedding gown with heels and I wanted my groom in a tux and shoes and not barefoot on the beach," she told People.
- It was a four-day affair. Celebrity wedding planner Sharon Sacks coordinated a celebration that matched the pair's fun, laid-back personality for their 35 guests.
- One of Nick's favorite moments was when he first saw Vanessa. "It literally took my breath away," he gushed to People. "It's a moment you fantasize about, and I was certainly not disappointed."
- Vanessa and Nick said "I do" on national television. The couple's nuptials later aired on TLC in a program called Nick & Vanessa's Dream Wedding. The show documented their road to the aisle and included some sweet interviews with the couple before the big day.
- It was an emotional day. The couple wrote their own vows and Vanessa reportedly cried.
- They partied all night. Following the reception, everyone made their way to the beach, where they danced and watched fireworks.