Meet the Woman Who Won Tom Hardy's Heart
There's no denying Tom Hardy's hotness. He just seems to get better with age, and it comes as no surprise whatsoever that he was recently the most fanciable man in his home country of the UK. But we have some bad news for those of you picking out wedding dresses in your head: this man is well and truly taken. He married fellow actor Charlotte Riley in 2014, and the couple welcomed their first child the following year. While you cry into a Kleenex (just like Tom), here's everything you need to know about the woman who tamed Bane.
- Charlotte Riley was born on Dec. 29, 1981, in County Durham, England.
- She studied linguistics at Durham University and later landed a place at the prestigious The London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA). Other famous alumni include Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor, David Oyelowo, and Ruth Wilson.
- She and Tom met when they starred together in a British TV adaptation of Wuthering Heights in 2009.
- She also starred alongside Tom in The Take and Peaky Blinders (though they've never shared a scene in the latter).
- She also writes! Charlotte won a Sunday Times Playwriting Award for Shaking Cecilia, a comedy she cowrote with Tiffany Wood in 2004.
- She used to sing in a 1940s doo-wop band called The Flirtinis.
- She went to clown school. No joke, she trained at the prestigious Ecole Philippe Gaulier. She described one of her clowns as "quite possibly the most angry Minnie Mouse of all time."
- She played Kate Middleton in the controversial TV drama King Charles III. Here's a look at her tackling the difficult role.