Glee 100th Episode Info
Glee's 100th-Episode Soundtrack Has Been Revealed
Glee's 100th episode is quickly approaching, and it's already bursting at the seams with guest stars — so much so that it's been expanded to two episodes. The latest news is the big reveal of the viewer-voted soundtrack. The celebration begins on March 18, and there's a lot going on, including some really terrible news for the glee club. Here's what to expect from the show's big 100th episode as well as what will come after.
- The track list includes a ton of past favorites. Fans were asked to vote on past songs for the cast to remix and perform on the 100th episode. The playlist includes "Don't Stop Believin'," "Valerie," "Raise Your Glass," and "Total Eclipse of the Heart," along with new tracks like Pharrell's "Happy." They're also releasing a commemorative album with all the songs.
- The show will address Finn's death. According to Paris Barclay, the director of the 100th episode, the show will again talk about the passing of Finn: "I don't think it could go much farther without continuing to talk about how that hurts," Barclay said. "There is so much feeling there, and it affected the Glee family in such a profound way, and you can expect it to be dealt with in the 100th episode. It definitely comes back and is dealt with in a significant way."
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Kristen Chenoweth will return! Paltrow is in talks to return as Holly Holliday, the one-time substitute teacher of the glee club. Kristen Chenoweth, who played April Rhodes, a former classmate of Will's (Matthew Morrison), is also slated to return and sing a Pink song with Will.
- The original stars will appear. Dianna Agron, Heather Morris, Harry Shum Jr., Mark Salling, and Amber Riley will all come back for the episode.
- Gossip Girl's Chace Crawford will guest-star. Morrison spilled that Gossip Girl's Crawford will appear on the 100th episode as Biff, "a Yalie degenerate" who serves as a love interest for Quinn (Agron).
- The glee club will be disbanded. The 100th episode will prominently feature Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch), who finally succeeds in taking down the glee club. Though Will won't be written out, he will have to find a new place to fit at McKinley High after the episode.
- The following episodes will be set in New York. As the Lima crew processes the end of the glee club, the next few episodes will be all about Rachel (Lea Michele), Blaine (Darren Criss), Kurt (Chris Colfer), Sam (Chord Overstreet) and Mercedes (Amber Riley) in NYC.