Embrace Your Funny Side This Halloween With These 24 Jim Carrey Costumes
Throughout his career, Jim Carrey has made us laugh, cry, and laugh even harder with his various roles. Not only has he played some very notable characters, but he has also donned some pretty interesting costumes. From The Mask to Dumb & Dumber, it seems like his movies are spilling over with fun ideas for Halloween. If you're stumped on what to be this year, we've got you covered. Check out our suggestions below, and get ready to show off your funny side on Oct. 31.
Bruce Nolan From Bruce Almighty
- What to wear: A white t-shirt, a plaid button-down, and jeans.
- How to act: Like you've got the power.
The Cable Guy From The Cable Guy
- What to wear: A blue jumpsuit, a brown belt, and a name tag.
- How to act: Like a creeper. Find one person to follow around all night.
Scrooge From A Christmas Carol
- What to wear: A white nightgown, a matching cap, and a gray wig.
- How to act: Grumpy. Tell people "humbug" when you pass them.
Horton From Horton Hears a Who!
- What to wear: Dress in all gray and wear elephants ears and a trunk mask.
- How to act: Kind and sweet-natured.
Steve Gray From The Incredible Burt Wonderstone
- What to wear: A flowing blond wig, a tight gray shirt tucked into black jeans, and a fake goatee.
- How to act: Think something between David Blaine and Criss Angel. Ask people if they want to see a magic trick.
Colonel Stars and Stripes From Kick-Ass 2
- What to wear: An army suit and a green mask over your eyes.
- How to act: Very patriotic.
Count Olaf From A Series of Unfortunate Events
- What to wear: A black pinstriped suit and a funky white wig.
- How to act: Speak in a wheezy voice.
Mr. Popper From Mr. Popper's Penguins
- What to wear: A navy suit, a blue tie, and mittens on your hands.
- How to act: Stressed out. Ask people if they've seen any penguins recently.
Carl From Yes Man
- What to wear: A blue button-down and a gray suit.
- How to act: Never say never, and always say yes!
Ace Ventura From Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
- What to wear: A Hawaiian shirt, a white tank top, and red pants.
- How to act: Eccentric.
Riddler From Batman Forever
- What to wear: We suggest spraying your hair red, putting a thin green mask over your eyes, and wearing a green suit with question marks all over. Don't forget your cane shaped like a question mark.
- How to act: Quite puzzling. Confuse people by talking in riddles.
Grinch From How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- What to wear: A Santa suit, minus the pants. Wear green leggings and a Grinch mask.
- How to act: Like your heart is two sizes too small. Avoid talking in rhymes at all costs.
Lloyd Christmas From Dumb & Dumber
- What to wear: A red t-shirt, a khaki jacket, jeans, and a bowl cut.
- How to act: Like an idiot, but an idiot who thinks he's really intelligent.
Fletcher Reede From Liar Liar
- What to wear: A light-brown suit, an off-white shirt, and a red tie.
- How to act: Tell the truth and nothing but it.
Stanley Ipkiss From The Mask
- What to wear: A yellow suit, a matching hat, a white button-down, a black and white tie, and of course, a green mask.
- How to act: Wacky and energetic. Use catchphrases like "SssssMOKIN'!!" and "Somebody Stop Me!"
Charlie Baileygates/Hank Evans From Me, Myself & Irene
- What to wear: A police trooper uniform.
- How to act: Like you have split personalities. Act passive one minute and then extremely rude the next.
Mark Kendall From Once Bitten
- What to wear: All black. You should also put a lot of white makeup on your face.
- How to act: Like you're slowing turning into a vampire. Avoid direct sunlight.
Skip Tarkenton From The Duck Factory
- What to wear: A red plaid shirt and jeans.
- How to act: Pretty naive. Carry around a cartoon drawing of a duck.
Joel Barish From Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- What to wear: A white button-down, a gray sweater, a black overcoat, and jeans.
- How to act: Forgetful.
Steven Russell From I Love You Phillip Morris
- What to wear: A white prison uniform.
- How to act: Like a professional con artist.
Walter Sparrow From The Number 23
- What to wear: A dark-gray button-down, a black blazer, and matching slacks.
- How to act: On edge and extremely paranoid.
Andy Kaufman From Man on the Moon
- What to wear: A light-blue button-down, white pants, a khaki blazer, and a red neck scarf.
- How to act: Try to entertain people.
Truman Burbank From The Truman Show
- What to wear: A blue striped button-down, a red tie, khaki pants, and a yellow jacket.
- How to act: Suspicious that your life is being broadcast around the world.