Skip Nav

Dad's Warning After Baby Chokes on Tommee Tippee Pacifier

Dad's Viral Warning After Finding His Child Blue From Choking on a Tommee Tippee Pacifier

After discovering his baby girl turning blue from lack of oxygen, Earl Wilson is warning parents about the common baby product that almost killed his daughter.

Earl checked on his 18-month-old baby after hearing a muffled noise and discovered that she had her entire pacifier lodged in her mouth. "Beware, my daughter nearly choked on this Tommee Tippee soother yesterday morning. If it wasn't for my wife's quick thinking, I'd hate to think what would have happened," Earl shared on Facebook along with photos of the specific pacifier. "My daughter turned blue and Sam had to remove the teat from her throat."

Earl is hoping that his message not only makes an impression on other parents but also on Tommee Tippee because he fears that these pacifiers are too small for babies, especially after they fall asleep. "My main concern is it's an owl dummy (associated with night) so people will be using it at bed time," Earl wrote. "I don't think my daughter would be here now if this happened in the middle of the night."


A spokesperson for Tommee Tippee told Daily Mail that the company is investigating the situation:

The safety and well-being of babies is at the heart of absolutely everything we do, so we're taking this extremely seriously. We're very sorry that Earl and his wife and daughter have had this experience; it must have been very distressing for them. We're going to investigate this thoroughly, and have already spoken to Earl's wife, Sam, to arrange to get the soother back so we can examine it. We would like to reassure parents that all of our products comply with strict European safety standards. However, like all other soother manufacturers, we always advise parents to pull the soother in all directions and look for bite marks before every single use, and throw away at the first signs of damage or weakness.

Latest Family
All the Latest From Ryan Reynolds