A little bite of something sweet puts a smile on any child's face, which makes these easy snacks so fun to make. Along with helping to pour, this project promotes fine motor skills when helping to remove the treats from molds. Invite your child into the kitchen for an afternoon of fun while making this JELL-O strawberry-flavored-gelatin recipe.
- 2 3-ounce packages JELL-O strawberry-flavored gelatin
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon sugar
- Pour the JELL-O strawberry-flavored gelatin into a small sauce pan and add the water. Bring to a boil while whisking to help the gelatin dissolve. Remove from heat.
- Invite your child to lightly oil the molds with cooking spray, which helps them release. You could use an ice cube tray, silicon mini muffin liners, or candy molds in cute shapes.
- Help your child pour the JELL-O strawberry-flavored gelatin into the molds using a spouted measuring cup or ladle. Remember, the mixture is still warm, so stay close during this step.
- Place molds in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Help your child remove the gummies from the molds and then place in a bowl with the sugar. Shake the bowl with the gummies to coat the outside, which adds just a touch of sweetness while keeping them from sticking together.
- Snacks, Kids
- North American