This workout is a quickie, but there's something about short workouts that make them that much more intense. It's only two moves, but because you're jumping the entire five minutes, you'll feel your heart thumping and your muscles burning.
Directions: Set a timer for five minutes and do as many sets as you can, alternating between the two moves listed below. Move quickly but maintain correct form, keeping your abs engaged the entire time. And, don't stop moving!
10 bunny hops
10 gate swings
If you don't know how to do these moves, see the explanations below.
Plank Bunny Hops
- Begin in a plank position with the feet together.
- Pull your abs in, and jump your feet to the right, bringing your knees toward your right elbow. Your torso will twist to the right.
- Jump your feet back to plank to complete one rep. Repeat jumping your knees to the left.
- Complete 10 reps, five on each side.
Continue to warm up as you work your outer and inner thighs with each move.
- Begin standing with your feet together. Hop your feet wide apart, and come into a deep squat, bringing your hands to your thighs. Your toes will be pointed outward.
- Push off your knees for leverage as you jump your legs together to complete one rep.
- Complete 10 reps.