How to Do Flutter Kicks
The Best Inner Thigh and Ab Exercise
Looking for a way to strengthen your abs and tone your thighs at the same time? This move is so effective and done on the floor, so you can tone your body during commercial breaks!
- Sit on a mat or carpeted floor. Loop one handle of the resistance band on either foot. Hold on to the middle of the tube with both hands, and lie on your back.
- Draw your naval toward your spine, and press your lower back into the floor, and then lift both legs so they are almost pointing straight up toward the ceiling.
- Holding the band securely, scissor your legs up and down one at a time, starting with the left leg. Move slowly, and point your toes. Continue for 30 seconds.
- Then cross your legs, right over left, then left over right for another 30 seconds.
- To make this move more difficult, lower your legs as shown in the photo, below, so they are about six to 10 inches above the floor.