Plank is a great way to work your abs, arms, and back. Do it on your elbows and you will challenge your core even more! And all you need to do it is your own body weight. Here's how:
- Get face down on the floor resting on your forearms and knees.
- Push off the floor, raising up off your knees onto your toes and resting mainly on your elbows.
- Contract your abdominals to keep yourself up and prevent your booty from sticking up.
- Keep your back flat — don't let it droop or you'll be defeating the purpose. Picture your body as a long straight board, or plank.
- Hold as long as you can. Aim for 20 to 30 seconds in the beginning and work your way up to one minute, as you get stronger.
- Repeat three times.
Like this? Find even more plank variations to challenge yourself.