21 Workouts You'll Want to Do Outside This Summer
Stale air, sweaty locker rooms, and germs everywhere — there's so much to love about the gym . . . right? Summer is the best excuse we can think of to ditch your gym memberships and head straight outside when it comes to workouts. The fresh air, warm weather, and long days will have you motivated to do every outdoor workout on this list.
Related: Summer Fitness Bucket List
- Head outside for a trail run.
- Go stand-up paddleboarding at a lake.
- Take a hike in a National Park.
- Cycle along a local bike path.
- Play a game of beach volleyball.
- Use a playground as your personal gym.
- Find a rooftop Spin class.
- Swim laps in an outdoor pool.
- Practice sunset beach yoga.
- Go whitewater rafting.
- Take a backpacking trip.
- Play a game of pick-up soccer.
- Go rock climbing or bouldering.
- Take a jog through your local park.
- Surf in the Pacific ocean.
- Start your morning with a long walk.
- Get in some HIIT by doing hill sprints.
- Grab a racket for a game of tennis.
- Sign up for an outdoor bootcamp class.
- Gear up for some mountain biking.
- Go kayaking down a river.