18 Things to Do Today to Instantly Love Your Body
Feeling great about yourself has benefits beyond your physical health, which is why we partnered with Stayfree® pads on this post that offers a few ways you can feel comfortable and happy in your own skin.
If you frequently pick apart your flaws and spend hours obsessing over how you look, it's time to stop the negativity. By making a conscious decision to change your attitude towards your body, you'll find an inner confidence that leaves you feeling better about yourself overall. And guess what? It's so much easier than you think! Here are 18 ways to change how you feel about your body — starting right now.
- Choose to stop: Stop focusing on parts of your body you aren't happy with, stop obsessing over eating the right things, and stop obsessing over jiggly bits. Just stop it! As soon as you acknowledge the feelings, the easier it becomes to stop the thoughts before they happen.
- You are not a number: It's time to forget the number on clothing and wear items that fit properly. It shouldn't matter what size it is, but how the clothes fits and make you feel while wearing them.
- Be nice to yourself: Use kind words with yourself daily, taking a moment to look in the mirror and tell yourself how beautiful you are — especially straight out of the shower, first thing in the morning, naked.
- Move your body: A body in motion is a happy body. Be proud and thankful that your body has the ability to run, dance, and jump. Some aren't so lucky.
- Stop the bashing: Be the one who puts an end to the body-bitching sessions and change the subject to something much more enjoyable. Like Zac Efron.
- Consider your inner goddess: Actually, be your inner goddess. Channel her awesomeness by tossing your shoulders back and smiling while enjoying your day. You will glow.
- Think from the inside: Your body is an amazing thing and is made up of so many working parts to create your special self. No one else is like you. Take a moment to feel — and appreciate — your whole self.
- Get rid of negativity: Become aware of your negative feelings and think about where they come from. Has someone shamed you? Do you feel unworthy? Overcoming negativity isn't easy, but taking it one day at a time leads to success.
- Stop feeling pressured: You don't have to be thin to be beautiful. Sure, we're exposed to skinny models and ideals daily, but that doesn't mean you have to follow by example. Instead, look at advertisements and focus on what you really like. Is it the outfit? The curl in her eyelashes? Her killer bag?
- Be affirmative: Make a daily intention and stick with it. Encourage your brain to have direction, changing the way you feel about yourself and your body. Intentions could be promising to take care of your body, being loving, or having fun.
- Meditate: Meditation cleanses negative energy from the body and gives your brain and body a chance to chill together. Allowing them the time to get in tune while being present is a wonderful way to feel better about yourself.
- Get support: Buddy up with a friend and make it your dual duty to offer support and love when needed. It helps knowing someone is there for you!
- Stop comparing: For every person you compare yourself to there is someone comparing themselves to you.
- Surround yourself: Spend time with people you like, environments that encourage and support you, and sounds and scents that you love. If you're happy with what's happening around you, you will instantly feel pretty good about yourself too.
- Figure it out: When you're feeling frustrated about your body, figure out what the real problem is. And it's OK to have a bad day every once in awhile, but don't wallow. Sometimes a bad night, a heavy lunch, or just an off conversation can make you feel insecure.
- Get naked: The more you expose your body (in the comfort of your own home, of course!) and get used to seeing yourself in all your glory, the more comfortable you'll feel with your body.
- Invest in proper undergarments: Feeling a bit bulgy? Your undergarments might be to blame. And getting ones that properly fit can change your whole silhouette.
- Accept yourself: Guess what? You only get this one body. Give yourself a break and accept it for what it is. Once you love yourself — and your body for being it's unique self — you will feel better about everything.
More From Stayfree® Pads