- From Split, release the hands to the mat on either side of the thighs and rotate the torso to center, coming back into a Wide Split. Walk your feet in, coming into a Wide Squat. Be sure to spread your fingers as wide as you can, and press into your fingertips to release any pressure in your wrists.
- Straighten your legs slightly and place your knees as high up onto your triceps as possible, toward your armpits.
- Shift your weight forward into your hands, lifting one foot off the ground and then the other. If you can bring your toes together, you'll feel more compact and it'll be easier to balance. Squeeze your knees together slightly and pull your belly button in toward your spine to give you a sense of lightness.
- Hold here for five breaths.
- Release your feet, and step to the front of your mat. Repeat this 12-pose sequence on the left side.
Source: Louisa Larson Photography