This exercise is great for core strength and joint mobility. "It strengthens and tones your abs, obliques, shoulders, arms, lower back, and legs while also improving your cardiovascular fitness," Chadwell said.
- Begin on all fours.
- Next, lift your knees so that they hover off of the floor.
- Lift your left hand and your right foot off the floor.
- Pivot on your left foot to the left.
- Kick your right leg through while you pull your left arm to your chest.
- Push your pelvis back and place your left hand and right toes onto the floor, which returns your body to the hovering position.
- Now complete the same sequence for the opposite side of your body.
- Challenge yourself to do as many as you can in 30 to 45 seconds.