20 Body-Positive Affirmations to Help You Feel Your Best
We can all benefit from a little more positivity in our lives, and using positive affirmations is an easy way to give your mind a little boost. Psychologist Dr. Amy Vigliotti says, "Affirmations have a tremendous payoff. If they haven't worked for you before, don't give up yet! Picture yourself like a beautiful plant and affirmations become the water, sunlight, and soil that help you thrive. As long as you practice them consistently, you won't wilt — in fact, you will grow into your best self." Isn't that a cute analogy? It may feel weird or corny to say these things to yourself, but trust us — you'll feel better afterward!
Say them in the mirror as you're getting ready in the morning, before or during a workout, while meditating or doing yoga, when you sit down to eat, or at night before you go to bed. Choose the ones that speak to you and make you feel your best.
- I feel strong and confident in my body.
- My body radiates beautiful kindness.
- I love _________ about my body because it makes me special and unique.
- My heart is courageous, kind, and loving.
- I enjoy feeling good about my body.
- I am grateful for my body. I want to treat it with love and respect.
- I am thankful for my strength.
- I am learning how to love my body.
- My body has overcome many physical feats and shows its beauty.
- I can be a good example to other women and girls about how to love their body.
- My body deserves to be taken care of so I feed it nourishing food and energizing exercise.
- I love and accept my body just as is it today.
- I believe in my ability to truly love myself for who I am.
- I feel blessed with good health.
- My body is perfect in its own way and doesn't need to look like anyone else's.
- I love my body along every step of my journey.
- I am perfect, whole, and complete just the way I am.
- I love my body because it allows me to experience the world around me and try new things.
- I take care of my body and my body takes care of me.
- Love fills every inch of my skin and I feel the love inside my body.