This New Moon in Cancer Baño Will Help Heal Your Anxieties and Insecurities
The new moon in Cancer may have you all in your feelings, and it's OK. We need that for a healthy balance in our lives. If we don't give ourselves permission to release emotions, they become stored in our energy and can eventually show up as physical ailments. Cancer creates space for us to honor our feelings, realizing the power of our laughter and the magic in our tears. The new moon lays out a clean slate for us to set intentions and make wishes for the things we want to manifest in our lives. So if you want to ease anxieties and overcome insecurities, the Cancer new moon provides that energy for you. All you have to do is ask.
Each month, we're given the opportunity to wish upon the new moon. The zodiac signs associated with the new moon detail the areas of our lives we can focus on. You can wish for anything you'd like under the new moon, but the direction of each zodiac sign points to the things that will be amplified during this powerful astrological event. That's the beauty of the new moon. Ask, and you shall receive. So make your wishes under the new moon, then watch what occurs over the next six months until the full moon is in the same sign. The full moon in Cancer will be on Jan. 6, 2023, so dream big under the upcoming Cancer new moon, ask the Universe for what you want in your life, speak through the heart, and believe you are deserving of everything you desire as long as it aligns with your true essence.
When Is the 2022 New Moon in Cancer?
The new moon in Cancer peaks at 10:52 pm E.T. on June 28. New moons are dark moons, so don't expect to see a big, bright ball in the sky. But trust that there is powerful energy from the new moon that can be felt here on Earth even if we can't see it with the naked eye. If there's ever a time to tap into your third eye, it's during a new moon when you have the chance to not only visualize all the things you want to call into your life but also make them reality. New moons move our dreams from the dreamworld to our physical lives. But let's be clear: everything you think you want may not be all that you need or that aligns with your purpose in this human life. So be mindful of that, and have faith that the Universe is backing you every step of the way. That higher power is cocreating life alongside us. We have our hands on the wheel and are the driving force of our existence. Never deny yourself that power.
What Is the Meaning of the 2022 New Moon in Cancer?
Cancer is the fourth sign of the zodiac. This water sign embodies the depths of our emotions and all that we feel. It's a fluid sign that flows easily between nurturing and reassurance and feelings of insecurity, anxiety, and disharmony. Like the tides rise and fall, so do our emotions, which is why it's important to find a healthy balance for emotional release and stability. Manage your emotions by acknowledging them, feeling deeply, and then allowing them to pass like the coming and going of the ocean waves.
Under the new moon in Cancer, you can wish to release insecurity or be more nurturing to yourself and others. Areas to focus on are home and family, intimacy, safety, personal growth, and moods. Cancer is ruled by the moon, so push past the illusions and deceptions that may be present in your life. You can wish to have more trust in your intuition, letting go of any insecurity that has you second-guessing or doubting yourself. Cancer rules excessive self-protection like fears of rejection. Under the Cancer new moon, you can wish to have those fears totally lifted from you once and for all. It may not manifest overnight, but gradually, you will feel lighter.
Cancer also rules the chest and stomach as well as the pancreas. If any of these areas need extra love, wish for total healing to take place there. You can even wish to cross paths with the right spiritual practitioner or therapist or both to assist on your healing journey. We are all emotional creatures, no matter which way we express it. During the Cancer new moon, expect the unexpected when it comes to your emotions. Anything may come up. Honor what needs to be healed. It may be your inner child or the need to be more compassionate to others. Whatever it is, embrace it. After all, this is your journey. It's your story — so write it!
What Is a Spiritual-Cleansing Prayer?
Have you ever wanted to fully express yourself without holding back or worrying about what someone might say or think? Well, you can! Don't ever feel alone in this life. You always have a space to release your inner desires, fears, thoughts, ideas, and anything else. This is what a spiritual-cleansing prayer is. It's a precious tool we can all use whenever we want. Speak to that higher power that is guiding you through life. There's no judgment, no recourse, and no rules. You can say whatever is in your heart and on your mind. Prayer is one of the most powerful divination tools we have, so let's not take it for granted. God is listening.
What Is a Spiritually Cleansing Prayer to Say During June's New Moon in Cancer?
"I pray to release self-doubt and insecurities and walk in my power through this life, feeling safe and secure with each step."
End your prayer with anything you feel is a good closing. Amen, Namaste, Han Han Katú, and Sat Nam are all examples. Choose one that's right for you.
What Tarot Card Goes Well With the New Moon in Cancer?
The Moon: Under the light of the moon, illusions and deceptions are revealed, and our intuition is on point. Trust.
What Chakra Goes With the New Moon in Cancer?
Third-Eye Chakra: The sixth chakra, located between our eyebrows, is the center of our soul. It's the space where we can visualize and dream bigger than anything we can fathom existing in our reality. When what we see is in alignment with our soul; no dream is big enough, and anything is possible.
Spiritual-Bath Recipe For the New Moon in Cancer Baño
- Sage, sweetgrass, or palo santo
- Florida water, orange-blossom water, and/or rose water
- Rosemary, frankincense, patchouli, chamomile, or rose oils
- White roses
- Moonstone crystal
- Sage, aloe, lemon balm, or parsley herbs
- Begin by physically cleaning your space. You can add a few splashes of any of the spiritual colognes mentioned above to give your cleaning products a blessings boost.
- Fill your bathtub with warm water, and add several splashes of the Florida Water, orange blossom, or rose water. You can also add all three!
- Light some sweetgrass or palo santo or sage (you can also use all three, but it's not necessary for a deep spiritual cleanse). Waft the smoke over the running bath water, and continue to pray and bless the space. Speak your intentions throughout the preparation, and color the energy in the room with your prayers.
- Add handfuls of your herbs of choice to the warm bath water. A personal go-to is sage and aloe for their soothing properties. You can create this in a big bowl if all you have access to is a shower. Pour it over your body instead of soaking in it.
- Light a candle (any color will do, so use your intuition), and place your moonstone beside it. Have this little traveling altar visible from the bathtub if you can. This way, as you're soaking, you can glance over at it and feel the stone's energy as well as the fire element.
- Add several drops of your choice of essential oils.
- Finally, cover the top of the bath water with white rose petals. Be present as you submerge your body in the water. Feel the way the water feels against your skin and how the rose petals smell. If you're in the shower, rub the soft rose petals all over your body after you've poured the spiritual baño on your skin. The oils in the baño will help the petals to glide across your skin with ease. Feel the connection to that flower. It's great for grounding!
- Allow yourself to bask in an intoxicating sensory overload for 20 to 40 minutes and remind yourself of how magical you are. Enjoy!