How to Fold a Fitted Sheet
The Headache-Free Way to Fold a Fitted Sheet
If your linen closet looks anything like mine, it's a jumbled mess of semifolded sheets and masses of fitted sheets, creating an unhappy spot that is anything but easy to navigate. We stumbled upon a really smart clip with a genius solution for that crumpled mess of fitted sheets and had to try it ourselves — and let's just say it's awesome. Here's what to do:
- Start by folding the fitted sheet in half vertically and gathering the edges together, tucking one inside of the other.
- Now move along the inside edge of the sheet to the bottom fitted corner and pull up, tucking into the others.
- Do the same for the outer fitted corner, nestling into the others.
- Place your hand inside the corner with all of the corners, and lift up, shaking a bit, so the folds even out at the bottom edge. Smooth on a table, and then fold one side a third way in.
- Fold the other edge in, creating a long rectangle.
- Now fold one edge down one third of the length, and then fold the bottom edge up, creating the perfectly folded fitted sheet!
Having a hard time visualizing it? Check out the easy-to-follow video for more: