Everyone overindulges every once in a while, which is why we partnered with Suja Juice for this post to provide some great tips for feeling better fast. After all, when life takes you off track, href="http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=192576723&iu=/5485/sugar.pop/track">#itsthejuice that'll bring you back.
It's Sunday morning, and your dry mouth and spinning head are telling you that last night ended with one too many Champagne cocktails. Although there's no complete cure for a hangover, you can make it better with a few at-home remedies. Fight your initial urge to suffer snuggly under the covers and take it from us — the first step to stopping that raging headache is taking action. Here's how to make it better.
- Hydrate: You might think coffee is the answer, but it's actually going to sap your system even more, which is the last thing you need. Chug some water and then fuel your body with fresh juice. Drinking something cool also revives your body and jolts your system into thinking about something other than that headache.
- Add carbs: Having a greasy or carb-laden breakfast actually does make things better by absorbing whatever alcohol is left in your system while filling up your belly. You might not feel like a culinary diva at the moment, but you can get in the kitchen and whip up a simple omelet thanks to your microwave and slather butter on toast.
- Drink: Not advised on a weekday, but if you don't have any plans, hair of the dog will fix you up right away. Mix a light brunch cocktail, and then sip while catching up on your Netflix queue.
- Try ginger: One of the wonderful things about ginger is how versatile it is. The ingredient is delicious in stir-fries, salads, and ginger beer (of course), but it also soothes rumbly tummies. Brew a cup of hot ginger tea and let it soothe away your hangover.
- Get up: The last thing you want to do is move around with a pounding head, but kick-starting your circulation with a bit of low-impact activity does help bust through that hangover. Do a five-minute workout and you'll feel better after sweating out some of those toxins.
- Distract yourself: If that low-impact activity didn't do much for you, take your mind off the pain by engaging your brain instead. Watch a movie, call a friend, do a crossword puzzle — whatever you can focus on.
- Go spicy: If you can stomach it, a kick of cayenne pepper is great for jump-starting your metabolism.
- Get scrubbing: Take a hot shower and scrub your entire body with a warm towel. Your skin is your biggest breathing organ, and the scrubbing helps detoxify the body.
- Do some deep breathing: Focus on finding your center to relax and stay in tune with what your body needs.
- Take an aspirin: If all else fails, take an aspirin. The anti-inflammatory ingredients in aspirin and other painkillers work against the alcohol in your system, but don't fall back on this remedy too often, as it can be damaging to your system. Take one with mineral water, which helps keep your stomach from reacting in a bad way. Plus the bubbles will also help replenish.
More From Suja Juice