Don't Toss Your Flowers! DIY This Rose Petal Lip Balm
Did your special someone get you a gorgeous bouquet of roses for Valentine's Day? Put the petals to good use and make a lip balm that's so pretty and does an awesome job keeping your pucker soft and hydrated. You only need a few ingredients to mix together this soothing balm, and the recipe makes enough for you and a friend. Along with making a special homemade gift, the rose petal lip balm would also make a cute hostess or bridesmaid present, if you have an occasion coming up.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup beeswax
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled dried rose petals
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- Small heatproof bowl
- Small saucepan
- Small sealable containers
- Measure and add the beeswax, coconut oil, and olive oil in a small heatproof bowl and place it over a small saucepan filled halfway with water, creating a homemade double boiler. Bring the water to a simmer to melt the mixture. Or place the ingredients in a glass bowl and heat it slowly in the microwave.
- Remove the melted mixture from heat and add the dried rose petals, which steeps them a bit, releasing the petals' natural oils and scent. Now slowly add the vanilla and honey, giving the base for the lip balm a stir.
- Carefully pour the warm base into small containers and let cool before capping. We found these cuties at the dollar store.
- Your rose petal lip balm is ready to use! Along with leaving a lovely gloss, the balm has a sweet taste with just a hint of rose.