I'll admit, I'm not the most rigorous cleaner when it comes to keeping all those nooks and crannies in my home spotless. On Sundays, I vacuum, wipe down counters, fluff my pillows, do my laundry, etc., but I'm loath to get on my hands and knees and do any scrubbing. That being said, if I have company coming over, especially for a fancy-ish holiday get-together, the one area of my house that must be sparkling is my bathroom. Yes — that means every area in the bathroom, not just the toilet, because there's nothing more gross than a grimy sink or shower.
Before people come over, I divide and conquer; I start with my toilet because, let's face it, it's the star of the bathroom show. I use Clorox® Toilet Bowl Cleaner to eliminate any germs and get that sparkle of a brand-new bowl we're all striving for. Now, the important thing here is to not forget all the other areas that may have gotten some buildup. I use Clorox® Clean-Up® Cleaner + Bleach to clean the seat and any areas that have gotten grimey. From there, I move on to my sink, using the same spray to remove any wayward hairs or toothpaste, and make sure to wipe off any water stains from the mirror. Finally, I do a quick sweep of my shower to ensure there's no hair in the drain or soap scum on the sides. Phew!
Once my cleanup is done, I pay attention to the aesthetic stuff. Here's my checklist:
- Put away any random products to keep things looking minimal.
- Put out luxury hand soap.
- Have eco-friendly disposable hand towelettes on the sink for easy drying (a cloth hand towel can get gross real quick).
- Light a good-smelling candle, and leave it burning for the duration of the party.
- Leave a pack of matches out just in case.
- Make sure to have plenty of toilet paper.
Once all that is done, I can get on with all the fun holiday merrymaking. Cheers!