Surface Pro 3 Release Date
Could Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 Be the Most Powerful Tablet?
Today Microsoft announced its biggest tablet ever, the 12-inch Surface Pro 3. It's an ultrathin device at 9.1 mm thick, which is just slightly larger than the 9.7-inch iPad Air (7.5 mm). The new Surface Pro, which starts at $799, is open for preorders tomorrow — but before you jump the gun, read on to find out if the tablet could really replace your laptop.
Here's what you really need to know about the Surface Pro 3:
- New multiposition kickstand, with a 150-degree "canvas mode" for drawing.
- Improved "Type Cover" (the screen cover with a built-in keyboard) that magnetically seals itself to the screen for sturdiness.
- New pen with a button shortcut to OneNote. Double click the button to sync notes to the cloud.
- Upgraded 2160x1440 resolution display.
- Dolby Audio speakers that are 45 percent louder than the Surface Pro 2.
- Lighter at 800 grams, and thinner at 9.1 mm.
- Includes full-sized USB 3.0 port, microSD card reader, and Mini DisplayPort.
Follow this link to preorder the Surface Pro 3 from the Microsoft Store. Best Buy is also taking preorders. The Inter Core i3 model starts at $799, the Core i5 model (not available until June 20) starts at $999, and the Core i7 model starts at $1,549. Microsoft's new Surface Pro makes the laptop vs. tablet decision much more difficult. Weigh in: would you replace your laptop with the new Surface?