With the holidays happening right now, we called on the Paleo goddess Cassy Joy Garcia, holiday hostess, blogger, and author of the healthy cookbook Fed + Fit, to give us her favorite healthy holiday cocktail. And as per usual, she definitely did not disappoint.
This lighter take on a holiday-themed cranberry cocktail has no alcohol, uses fresh, simple ingredients, and is perfectly Paleo. With mint, cranberries, and water, you'll whip up a healthy drink that's refreshing and bursting with flavor — perfect for sipping before, during, or after that big meal.
Even though the mix is strained, small fruit particles left behind may settle to the bottom of the pitcher; just give it a stir and serve.
- 12 ounces (3/4 pound) fresh cranberries (may use defrosted from frozen)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint (stems and leaves)
- 3 cups water
- Fresh cranberries for garnish (optional)
- Fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- Place the cranberries, mint, and 3 cups of water in a high-powered blender. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes, or until completely smooth and the mix has a deep red color.
- Pour the mix through a nut milk bag, cheesecloth, or fine-mesh strainer into a large pitcher.
- Follow one of the garnish options listed above to finish the mix, serve over ice, and enjoy!
- Drinks, Mocktails
- North American
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes