- Set date.
- Request guest list from bride.
- Confirm venue.
- Order invitations.
- Decide theme.
- Set budget.
- Mail invitations (be sure to include gift registry and directions).
- Purchase items for favors, food prep/serving, and decor.
- Pick out flowers and centerpieces.
- Select games, icebreakers, music, and other activities.
- Purchase paper products.
- Check in on anyone making or bringing items.
- Follow up with guests who haven't RSVP'd.
- Assemble and prepare favors.
- Order balloons.
- Purchase food.
- Make a schedule for preparing food.
- Decide layout.
- Prepare food that can be made ahead.
- Pick up flowers, balloons, and any purchased food or cake.
- Prepare seating area.
- Set up food and drink serving areas.
- Make sure house or venue is clean.
- Display balloons, and decorate space.
- Set out drinks and food.
- Have fun!