7 Things Only True Supernatural Fans Know About Jensen Ackles's Wedding
Danneel Harris and Supernatural star Jensen Ackles officially became husband and wife on May 15, 2010. The happy couple are still going strong after eight years of marriage, and they've expanded their family in a major way since their wedding day. The couple are now the proud parents of three adorable children: Justice Jay and twins Zeppelin Bram and Arrow Rhodes. Following their eighth wedding anniversary, there's no better time to look back on the day these two CW favorites tied the knot.
Keep reading to find out seven things about Jensen and Danneel's big day that you need to know.
- The wedding was a hometown affair. Jensen and Danneel's wedding took place at The Rosewood Crescent Hotel in Dallas. The Supernatural star is a proud Texan, so it made sense that the couple chose Dallas as the place to start their married life together.
- They had the perfect musical guests. Keeping the Texas pride theme going, Danneel made her walk down the aisle on her father's arm as the Dallas String Quartet played. Was it as swanky as it sounds? Only the guests know for sure, but snagging a famous string quartet to play at your wedding certainly sounds like a stylish touch.
- Danneel's dress was timeless. When it came time to choose a dress, Danneel kept things traditional and timeless. She wore a stunning strapless design from Monique Lhuillier's 2010 collection. The white gown featured lace, tasteful ruffles, and just enough of a train to make the bride look like an actual princess.
- Jensen had a special groomsman. Jensen's Supernatural costar Jared Padalecki served as one of Jensen's groomsmen. This came just months after Jensen took on the same role at Jared's wedding to Genevieve Cortese, proving the actors' bromance extends beyond the small screen.
- Danneel had some famous bridesmaids. Like Jensen, Danneel clearly sees her costars as family. Among her bridesmaids were three of her pals from One Tree Hill: Hilarie Burton, Bevin Prince, and Elisabeth Harnois. All of the bridesmaids wore knee-length black dresses that beautifully contrasted the bride's gown.
- It was an outdoor affair. The event was held in the hotel's courtyard, which was decorated with candles and flowers. As if that wasn't romantic enough already, the ceremony took place at sunset.
- There was no time for a proper honeymoon. Jensen and Danneel's schedules as actors kept them too busy to take a big honeymoon straight away. After spending their wedding night at the hotel, the couple headed to New York City, where Danneel's new show Friends With Benefits was being introduced to advertisers at the network upfronts.