7 Times Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Quotes About Each Other Hit You Like a Wrecking Ball
Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth have had quite the epic love story. After playing love interests in The Last Song, the two began dating in real life and eventually got engaged in 2012. Though they broke up nearly a year later, the two managed to find their way back to each other, officially resuming their engagement in January. To celebrate the happy couple's reconciliation, we've rounded up all the quotes that Miley and Liam have given about each other over the years. Keep reading to see them all now, and then check out a comprehensive timeline of their love over the years.
Miley on Liam
- "The chemistry was instant. From the time he walked in that door and we saw each other again, we [both] lit up, and we were excited to get work and learn together."
- "I think we're both deeper than normal people — what they think and how they feel. He's very grateful for what he has, but he doesn't let it go to his head. I'm like that too."
- "I think I’m speaking to women and it's not because I went through a breakup — I love Liam and Liam loves me — but it's about finding yourself, and sometimes you have to separate yourself from everyone."
Liam on Miley
- "It was funny — working with Miley was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. From the first time we read, it was like I had known her before."
- "You fall in love with who you fall in love with; you can never choose. I guess some people just come with a little more baggage. [Laughs.] I mean, look — we were together five years, so I don’t think those feelings will ever change. And that’s good because that proves to me that it was real. It wasn’t just a fling. It really was an important part of my life and always will be."
- "She’s a free spirit. I think she’ll always surprise people with what she does, but she’s not a malicious person in any way. She’s a young girl who wants to do what she wants to do."
- “I am not engaged, no.”