Get to Know Simone Johnson, the First 4th Generation WWE Wrestler — and The Rock's Daughter
Simone Garcia Johnson is making history! The recent high school grad has officially begun training to become a WWE wrestler, making her the the first fourth-generation superstar in WWE history! "Simone Johnson's unbridled passion and incredible drive has earned her a coveted spot training with the elite athletes from around the world at the WWE Performance Center," Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events, and Creative Paul "Triple H" Levesque said in a statement. "Not only does Simone now have an opportunity to cultivate and display her passion for WWE within the Performance Center, but she'll carry on the tradition of her incredible family lineage while creating her own impact as WWE's first fourth generation Superstar."
The news comes two years after Simone made history at the 2018 Golden Globes as the first-ever Golden Globe Ambassador after retiring the previous title of Miss Golden Globe. Along with the honor, Simone teamed up with GlobalGirl, an organization that is dedicated to empowering young women from disadvantaged communities and giving them the tools they need to achieve their career goals. Clearly big things are in store for Simone! Get to know more about her with these five fast facts.
- She hails from Florida. Simone was born in Davie, FL, on August 14, 2001, making her 18 years old.
- She comes from a famous family. Not only is her dad the one and only Dwayne Johnson, but her mom, Dany Garcia, is also the cofounder of Dwayne's production company, Seven Bucks Productions. Despite their 2008 divorce, Dany is also Dwayne's manager and oversees The Garcia Companies, a talent and media management company. On top of that, Simone's grandfather is the late former wrestler and WWE Hall of Famer Rocky Johnson.
- She's a model. Simone was previously signed to IMG Models and often shares snaps from her photo shoots on Instagram.
- She has close ties to Fifth Harmony. In addition to being BFFs with Dinah Jane, Simone is also pals with the rest of the group.
- She's a student at NYU. She graduated high school in May 2019, and Dwayne couldn't be more proud. "Very proud of my first daughter daughter graduating high school, kickin' ass and is now NYU bound," Dwayne wrote on Instagram. "I love you and one day you'll stop pulling away from my beastly arms & kisses."