There Are 2 More Twilight Books in the Works, So We Have a Few Suggestions
It's been 15 years since Stephenie Meyer released Twilight, but the fandom is stronger than ever thanks to the release of her new book, Midnight Sun. The much-anticipated book finally hit shelves on Aug. 4, and it retells the events of the first book from Edward Cullen's point of view.
You might think that a story you already know the ending to wouldn't be nearly as captivating as the original, but fans are eating it up. Not only does it give us a glimpse into Edward's tortured mind (all 662 pages worth), but it also reveals some interesting new details about the characters. As Meyer puts it, "Some people are going to like some characters more, and they're going to like some characters less, because not only is he spending time with them that way, but he is reading their minds all the time."
Naturally, after binge-reading the book, the next question on fans' minds is: will there be more books? While Meyer doesn't have any plans to rewrite more Twilight books from Edward's perspective — she said "writing from his point of view makes [her] extra anxious" — she does have ideas for two other Twilight books. "There are two more books I think in the world that I want to write," she said during the Books-A-Million Q&A. "I have got them outlined and a chapter written I think of the first one, so I know it's there. I am not ready to do that right now. I want to do something brand new." Here are just a few hopes we have for those books:
- A book about Alice and Jasper's love story, pre-Forks.
- A retelling of one of the Twilight books through Alice's perspective. After learning more about how Edward's mind reading works in Midnight Sun, I would love to learn more about Alice's ability.
- A book about Rosalie which details her transformation as a vampire and how she met and fell in love with Emmett.
- A book about the Quileute tribe and their first encounter with the Cullens.
- A book about Renesmee and Jacob's life after Breaking Dawn. Are they still living in Forks? Do they keep in contact with Bella and Edward?
- A book about the history of the Volturi.
- Better yet, a book about Jane and Alec's lives before they were turned into vampires.
- A book about Carlisle's time with the Volturi. I mean, we're all curious, right?
- Honestly, I would read a whole book about Carlisle's time as a vampire before meeting his family.