Teen Wolf's Longest-Running Players Share Just How Much the Show Has Affected Them
During last week's Teen Wolf panel — which occurred as part of Comic-Con's annual blowout weekend in San Diego — we received some troubling news. The show's upcoming season will be its last. While we're sad to see the show go, we'll surely hold on to all the fun we've had over the past five or so years. We'll always remember the show's dedication to LGBT representation, all those endlessly charming Stiles moments, and of course, our favorite alpha, Scott McCall. And of course, we'll always be able to follow the cast's real-life chronicles on Instagram. We know how we'll be handling the finale season, but how's the cast taking it? We've rounded up some choice quotes from this year's panel at Comic-Con.
Tyler Posey (Scott McCall)
- "All I've ever wanted to do is inspire people positively, and inspire the world and make a difference in people's lives, and the amount of people from the years — and thousands of fans we've met throughout the years, in different parts of the world — there is always someone that comes up to one of us and says how much we've affected their lives, and changed their lives for the better, and saved their lives. And whether it's one person in a group of 1,000 people, or a group of 1,000 people, every single little person counts."
- "I've always wanted just to change people's lives, and I really feel like this show has that power. I know countless people that this show has brought together, and I've learned so much about myself."
- "This show has just, not only has it saved other people's lives, but it's saved mine, too."
- "F*ck the money, f*ck fame. All I want is this family, and all that matters is the lives we've touched. Everything I've gained from this is the coolest. I'm in a really great place, and I owe a lot to the show, and I really think we're going to go down in history as something huge."
Jeff Davis (Creator)
- "It's an extraordinary thing for me too, because in high school, I always said I wouldn't be a writer if I had a social life. Books and movies, they literally saved my life. They got me through the worst years of my life. And, to think that a show that I wrote or had some involvement in could have done the same for even one person is rather amazing."
- "I think stories have a way of affecting people, and seeing these friendships on the show go through trials, go through difficult times and come out stronger, it can kind of give you hope. I mean, books did that for me when I was a teenager, so if people are affected by it, it's the best gift in the world. It's a great gift to have been able to do this many episodes and to be around this many people and collaborate with these people . . . it's been the best professional experience of my life."
Holland Roden (Lydia Martin)
- "We are the little engine that could . . . we feel that connection right back. We've gotten to see you guys in middle school that are now in college, and people that were in their early 20s that some of you guys even have kids now . . . it's been a family affair all around, and I thank you guys. Seriously, thank you."