Frittatas have one undeniable plus — the recipes are versatile and can satisfy your hunger any time of day. Check out this healthy, protein-rich recipe suggestion from PaleoHacks that you can spin to your taste.
Whip up this simple, fast, and delicious Bacon & Spinach Frittata in minutes. It's perfect for brunches, lunches, and even a quick weeknight dinner!
We're bringing you a simple brunch recipe that takes only 20 minutes to prepare. This Spinach and Bacon Frittata makes the perfect protein-rich meal to kick off your day.
You can make it the night before and heat it up the next morning. It's perfect for those big, busy brunch gatherings — a single frittata can serve up to eight people. Or, you could think of it as an easy way to meal prep your breakfast for the entire week! They're an easy way to add in extra protein and veggies into your morning meal.
With crumbled bacon sprinkled into fluffy eggs, fresh spinach and tomatoes, you'll love how everything comes together.
I suggest cooking up the bacon in your cast iron skillet (make sure you use an oven-safe skillet!), and reserving the bacon grease to cook the remaining ingredients. You'll get that decadent bacon flavor soaked into your veggies, and who doesn't love a little extra bacon flavor?
After you sauté your diced onions and grape tomatoes, pour in the egg and almond milk mix. Make sure you really whip up your egg batter — that's how you make your frittata nice and fluffy!
Once your eggs begin to set, place the skillet in the oven and within 15 minutes or so, you'll have a frittata ready to serve!
And one more thing! Frittatas are endlessly versatile, so feel free to get creative with the ingredients; if you have some leftover veggies or meat you want to add to it, go for it!
- 8 large eggs
4 large egg whites
1 cup almond milk (or other nut milk)
1/4 onion, diced
1 grape tomatoes, quartered
2 cups spinach
6 strips nitrate-free bacon, cooked and crumbled, and grease reserved to cook the eggs
- Preheat oven to 400ºF degrees.
- Cook the bacon in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through; remove the bacon from the pan and reserve the bacon grease, setting the pan off to the side for now. Crumble the bacon, once cooled, and set aside.
- In a medium to large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, and milk. Set aside.
- In the bacon grease, sauté the onions and for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add tomato and spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Spinach should just begin to wilt.
- Pour your egg mixture in the skillet and add bacon pieces. Let cook for 4-6 minutes. The eggs should just begin to set.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, until eggs are completely cooked through.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Omelet/Frittata
- North American
- Total Time
- 24 minutes, 59 seconds