Have a little ice cream obsession, no matter what the season? Not only for smoothies, frozen bananas also make a tasty dessert that can satisfy the deepest of sweet-tooth cravings. Don't believe me? Make these treats with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen — you only need a banana, yogurt (I used soy), and chocolate chips.
This simple dessert-on-a-stick takes five minutes to whip up and four hours in the freezer, and because it's 150 calories per two-piece serving, go ahead and have it for a healthy snack.
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 popsicle sticks
- 3 ounces vanilla soy yogurt
- 1/8 cup mini dairy-free chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- Line a small cutting board or plate with parchment paper.
- Peel the ripe banana.
- Cut it in half, then cut the halves in half, making four equal-sized pieces.
- Push a popsicle stick three-quarters of the way through the bottom of each piece of banana
- Dip each piece in the yogurt, twirling it around to cover evenly.
- Lay each banana pop sideways on the parchment paper and sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips.
- Place in the freezer for at least four hours.
Source: Calorie Count
- Desserts, Frozen
- 2 servings
- Cook Time
- 5 min
- Calories per serving