Take six minutes out of today to burn 50 calories without even realizing it. Even if you don't do these all at once, a few minutes of effort adds up to an extra calorie-burning boost throughout your day. Here's how.
- Jump rope for one minute: If you don't have a jump rope, mimic the movements and remember to keep your feet off the floor when you jump. You'll burn 11 calories per minute.
- Do high knees for one minute: Lift your knees high and do this quickly for it to be the most effective. You'll burn around six calories.
- Run up the stairs for one minute. The next time you take a lunch break, use the stairs. Running up the stairs will burn 10 calories a minute for a 120-pound person. If you don't want to run, walking will burn five calories a minute.
- Do jumping jacks for one minute: Burn eight calories while you jump.
- Do burpees for one minute: Spice up your workout with one minute of burpees; you'll burn approximately eight calories. Follow along to our one-minute burpee video challenge here!
- Drop and do one minute of push-ups: At a vigorous pace, you'll burn eight calories.
Total calories burned in six minutes: 51. Repeat any of these one-minute challenges throughout the day and tally up your calorie burn for an effective workout you can fit in almost anywhere!
All calorie counts based on a 130-pound woman unless otherwise noted.