If you love ice cream but your stomach doesn't, then this dairy-free, gut-friendly kombucha ice cream is for you, via PaleoHacks.
Kombucha is one of the healthiest drinks you'll ever find. In addition to helping to boost digestion, kombucha strengthens your immune system and even increases nutrient absorption. If you need a delicious way to add more kombucha to your diet, look no further than this kombucha ice cream!
To start, you'll need quality kombucha. You can buy some at the store, but we highly recommend making your own batch of homemade kombucha! You can even add your favorite flavors to make this ice cream truly unique. Try making it with strawberry, ginger, or lavender!
When you're ready to make the ice cream, all you need is three other ingredients. First, create a creamy base by blending the kombucha with coconut cream, soaked cashews, and a dash of maple syrup together until very thick. The kombucha adds a tangy and sweet flavor to this dairy-free ice cream!
No churning necessary for this recipe — simply transfer the mixture to a baking pan, smooth it out evenly, and freeze for four hours to let it harden up nicely. When it's ready, scoop some into a bowl and add a sprinkle of chia seeds, raw nuts, dark chocolate, or dried fruit for dessert!
- 1 15 oz. can coconut cream, chilled in the refrigerator overnight
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for 30 minutes, then drained
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup homemade kombucha
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place coconut cream, pre-soaked cashews, maple syrup, and kombucha in a blender on high until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer to the prepared baking pan, spreading into a thin layer with a spatula.
- Place in the freezer for 4 hours, or until set.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy immediately.
- Desserts, Ice cream
- 4-6 servings
- Cook Time
- 4 hours