We don't need to convince you to have sex, but just in case you needed a little encouragement to take off your clothes, here's some good news: orgasms are good for your health! So don't roll over and just go to bed! Here are six healthy reasons to make sex a priority tonight.
- Ahh, I feel relaxed: Thank the hormone oxytocin for the feelings of calmness and peace that follow an orgasm. Feeling less tense can reduce stress and make you forget about things that were bothering you.
- Good night! Sex not only feels good, but the drop in blood pressure and the total-body relaxation can also help you fall asleep faster, so sex can help people with insomnia.
- Happiness! Hormones also improve your mood, which can be good news for those suffering from depression or anxiety. Getting busy could be a natural alternative to taking antidepressants.
- This counts as exercise? Forty-five minutes of getting busy burns about 100 calories. Sounds like more fun than going for a run, eh?
- No pain meds needed: Have a headache? The endorphins released during sex can actually act as a pain reliever when it comes to headaches and menstrual cramps.
- The fountain of youth: Studies show that women who experience a higher frequency of orgasms during sex live longer!
If you're not in a relationship, so what?! You can still reap the health benefits of orgasms when you're alone. There are plenty of ways and even gadgets (like healing crystal dildos?) to help you reach your happy place all on your own.
And if you are in a relationship but sex rarely results in you reaching orgasm, it's time to have a little chat. Don't be shy! Tell your partner exactly what you like so you're not left in the dark. You owe it to yourself, not only for that amazing feeling, but more importantly for your health!
Product Credit: On him: Vince white t-shirt, Garrett Leight sunglasses / On her: Jenni Kayne top and shorts